I must admit mimosas on a Sunday in the comfort of my home is a luxury to me, and a favorite one. Before Chrissy departed on Sunday we wanted to make this recipe she found on The Kitchy Kitchen Blog.
- First start by heating the oven to broil, while the oven is heating pour 1/2 cup of sugar into a bowl
- Then take one vanilla bean and scrape the inside out into the bowl of sugar.
- Make sure to mix the vanilla into the sugar well, so it's evenly dispersed throughout
- Cut a grapefruit in half and place open side up on a lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the sugar mixture over the grapefruit halves
- Roast the grapefruit until the top begins to brown and they have started to burst
- Remove grapefruit from oven and allow to cool
- Juice the grapefruit into a bowl(we added a teaspoon more of our sugar mixture into the juice)
- Pour 2 tbl of juice into each glass and top with sparkling wine and ENJOY!