I love makeup, I have since I was a little girl. I think it's genetic, my mom loves makeup too, so maybe I can blame my obsession and dwindling funds on her ;) When I was in college I would always do all our sorority sisters makeup(along with my bestfriend and roomate, Elle) prior to going out in the evening. Makeup has become a hobby for me, I constantly try new brands and products. Here's some of my current favorites...
1. Diorskin Airflash Spray: This foundation is like using airbrush makeup, but you're not paying $100 for someone to do it for you just once. It gives you a flawless look and it's build-able, so you don't have to look like a plastic doll if you don't want to have the Barbie look. It's sweat proof and stays on perfectly all day. Honestly, I have been using it everyday, I put it on very lightly around areas where I have marks or discoloration(thank you hormonal acne).
2. Bobbi Brown Pink Coral Blush: The prettiest blush color I have found so far. I have tried multiple brands when it comes to blush and I always go back to Bobbi Brown. Their blush lasts all day unlike so many other brands where the pigment begins to fade.
3. Diorshow Iconic Mascara in Navy Blue: People always comment on my mascara, I wear navy blue mascara. It's dark enough that at first glance it looks black, but when the light hits it you can tell it's navy.
4. Trish McEvoy Line Refiner: I have used under eye cream for years and have become used to the moisturized feeling under my eyes. Sometimes in the middle of the day the skin under my eyes tends to dry out and I pull this magic out and dab just a bit under my eyes. It brightens the skin, fills in lines, and moisturizes. I swear by it, and carry it with me everywhere.
5. Bobbi Brown Eye-shadow in Mahogany: Brows! Brows! Brows! I love a defined brow, it makes the biggest difference. People forget about defining their brow all the time, and concentrate on other areas of the eye to make it pop, just use a little brow filler and voila! I use a brow brush and this eye-shadow to fill my brows in, nothing else has seemed to work as well for me.
6. Banana Boat Self Tanner: So my mom and bestfriend were diagnosed with melanoma within the last two years, they're both fine thankfully. I have also had a lovely spot removed from my back(my shark bite wound I call it). Needless to say my eyes have been opened to the dangers of tanning and the sun. Don't get me wrong I love the sun, I live at the beach for goodness sake! However, I love my skin more and hate wrinkles, but I still love being tan. So my mom introduced me to this self tanner and surprisingly, it's the best one I have used so far. It doesn't streak and it looks so natural, I use the deep dark colorway.
7. Oribe Dry Texturing Spray: If you have not tried this, beware, you will become highly addicted. I keep the regular size at home and always have the travel size in my purse to use as a refresher throughout the day. My hair is super slick and very fine, so this spray is necessary if I plan to attempt to do anything with my hair.
*side note, it's great to spray before doing a top knot
8. Nars Lip Lacquer Chelsea Girl: The best nude lip color invented, bottom line! Nars lip color pots can turn people off because they're a little sticker them most lip products. However, I like this about them because it lasts longer. This color will become your new best friend, trust me.
9. Trish McEvoy Luminizer: I don't use this everyday, but I always use it before going out to dinner. It's a great highlighter, but it's not too sparkly(so you don't look like a fairy threw up all over you).
10. Kilian Straight to Heaven: Ok, I'm a scent queen. I've been known to stop people in the grocery store and ask what perfume they are wearing. I must admit, I haven't broken down and purchased this perfume yet(yet being the key word). I've been surviving off a few samples, but it's my favorite perfume in the universe.
And I leave you with this...