I love Trader Joe's, but I've found I can't go in there and do all my grocery shopping in one swoop. For instance, their produce has never wowed me, I find it has a really short life span(shorter then normal). Also, I will pick something up and say to myself "hmm...this expires in two days will I use or eat it by then." Please keep in mind I have become super weird about dates.
Needless to say, there are certain things I crave that can only be purchased at Trader Joes's. Here's my top 5...
1. Reduced Guilt Chunky Guacamole- HOLY guacamole!! This guac is made with greek yogurt so it has a little tang, which I love. I can(and have) eaten a whole container in one sitting. Instead of using chips use carrots for a healthier alternative, it's one of my favorite snacks if I am trying to be healthy.
2. Raisin Rosemary Crisps- The best cracker ever invented, bottom line! I can eat these plain like they're going out of style, but it's the perfect cracker for dips, cheeses, etc.
3. Chevre with Honey- I LOVEEEEEE cheese, it's one of those food groups I wish I hated, because it's not the healthiest of food groups. I say we only live once and if you eat everything in moderation, who the hell cares(excuse the french)! Eat this with the raisin rosemary crisps and call it a day.
4. Trader Joe's Sauvignon Republic- Is it any surprise wine is on the list?? I love a good Sauvignon Blanc in the summer, with as hot as it's been in Charleston it's nice to have a light and refreshing wine that's easy to drink. This is one of my favorite Sauvignon Blancs and it's so cheap, $7.99!
5. Trader Joe's Grand Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Rutherford- So clearly I love wine, this is a known fact. I purchased this wine this week, and wish I would have bought several bottles. So run to the nearest TJ and buy it before they sell out. It's seriously one of the best reds I have ever had, and here's the kicker...it's only $14.99. It's smokey and fruit forward all at the same time(if you're a wine connoisseur you're probably dying laughing at me right now).
You now know my favorite food groups, wine, cheese, crackers and dips...what more does a girl need?!