Happy Monday, said no one ever! If you need a little uplifting today, take some time to exit reality and browse some of my favorite fall wardrobe staples.
I help women build their wardrobe everyday, and I have started to train my eye to what's a staple and what's a quick trend that will exit by next season. These are my five fall wardrobe staples to carry you through this season and into many more season's.
1. Sweater: If you're looking for a sweater this season, look no further. I love a classic cable knit sweater, they've always been around and have remained in everyone's collections. Vince always produces my favorite sweaters each season, they can be pricey but they are always classics that will last you for years.
2. Leggings: Everyone loves leggings, if you're looking to invest in a good pair to last you tons of washes(the black doesn't fade) and years check out these leggings. These leggings are thick and don't ride down, they also have a seam in the back which I think is more flattering.
3. Jeans: Everyone needs to invest in a good jean. A flattering jean makes the biggest difference on a woman's body. J Brand makes a style, Maria, that's a skinny high rise jean. I live in this jean, seriously, it's my all time favorite. This color is a true "jean" color that will last you for years, and skinny jeans aren't going anywhere.
4. Handbag: The most basic handbag is the one which you'll still receive compliments on years from now. A basic leather tote without a logo has made a comeback, and it's simplicity at its best. I love this cognac leather bag from J.Crew, it's beautiful.
PS. For my monogram lovers you can add a gold stamped monogram to the bag.
5. Shoes: One shoe that I will and have always had in my closet is a leopard flat. Animal print will always be in style in some way either in fashion or interior design. This leopard flat from Tory Burch is great, because it has a tiny heel(hey I will take anything for a little height). Leopard also goes with anything and black and brown, and gives you a little print to a plain outfit.
Wear the sweater, jeans or leggings, bag and flats and you've got yourself a great outfit for years!!!
Happy Fall Shopping!!